The Purchasing Department is working with one or two staff members in the office, and the rest are working from home with system access including work email and all work phone lines have been forwarded to our cell phones. Staff are available to assist during normal working hours 8:30-5, Monday through Friday.
**Attention All County Bidders**
Below you will find some frequently asked questions about submitting a Bid to Purchasing.
- Are the scheduled bid openings still happening?
- All bid openings are proceeding as scheduled. However, bid openings will not be open for the public to physically attend.
- How are you fulfilling your obligation for public bid openings?
- Although the bid openings will not be open for the public to physically attend, we are going to open them via WebEx video conference. This will continue until further notice.
- How can I view the bid openings and obtain the WebEx information easily?
- The WebEx meeting information can be found in the Notice to Bidders. Search any current bids through our web page under current bids. There is also a quick link within the Purchasing Calendar at the bottom of this page.
- How can I get a copy of the Tab Sheets?
- Tab sheets will be emailed to anyone submitting a bid. We will also post the Tab sheet to our website as soon as possible. Due to limited staff and resources please be patient with us. It may take several days before all of the results are posted.
- How can I get my bids to you?
- The sealed bid envelopes may be hand delivered to our department prior to the due date and time. We are also still receiving mail, FedEx, and UPS.
- Does my bid still have to be notarized?
- Yes. The Governor’s order allows Notaries to perform notarization via a video conference. We have also been told that many banks are performing notarization's in the drive thru teller line. Please call your bank ahead of time to verify.
- Will I be deemed non-responsive if I don’t acknowledge the WebEx meeting notice?
- No. The meeting notice was not issued as an official addendum, but was published to all newspapers and is on the website and Empire State Bidnet. You will also not be penalized for acknowledging it as an addendum either.
- New York State Association of Municipal Purchasing Officials, Inc.
- The Institute for Public Procurement
- Ontario County Terms and Conditions
- 2 C.F.R. § 200.326 and 2 C.F.R. Part 200, Appendix II, Required Contract Clauses
Ontario County has online auctions to move our surplus and generate revenue for the county. Our online auctions are done with Auctions International, professional auctioneers who specialize in selling government surplus, commercial, and industrial assets. To view available auctions please visit Auctions International.
Contracts & BidsTo access our current bids, please visit our Current Bids.
If you would like detailed information about a specific contract awarded by Ontario County, please submit a FOIL request to our Records & Archives Department.
Information pertaining to recent Bid or RFP results can be requested of the Purchasing Department @ 585-396-4442 or email@example.com