*** IMPORTANT NOTICE***
Due to incoming inclement weather, inmate visitation has been cancelled for Saturday, January 13, 2018.
Persons with flu virus, respiratory infections, sore throats, fevers, skin infections, vomiting and diarrhea should not come in for a visit. To learn more about visitations, see the corrections frequently asked questions.
The Ontario County Jail, as a unit of the Office of the Sheriff, supports and is supported by the mission of the Department. The Jail is part of the Community. The Community is part of the Jail. The Correction staff, support staff, and service providers are committed to meet the standards of the community in a combined effort to promote safety, security, and opportunities for rehabilitation. Our values include respect, responsibility, honesty, and caring for others and ourselves. This mission is enhanced by the design and philosophy of Direct Supervision, our operational model.
The responsibility of the Corrections Division is to operate a safe and secure detention facility in conformance with the New York State Corrections Law and with regulations promulgated by the New York State Commission of Corrections. All functions relating to the Ontario County Jail are under the direct supervision of the Chief Corrections Officer. These functions include:
- Administration - One Chief Correction Officer and two Corrections Lieutenants
- Jail Division - Nine Corrections Sergeants, 79 corrections officers, and 15 part-time corrections officers
- Court Security Division - Nine full-time corrections officers and two part-time corrections officers under the direction of a corrections sergeant who is designated as court security supervisor
- Food and Laundry Service Division - Four jail cooks under the direction of a jail cook / manager
- Medical Division - One part-time jail physician, one nurse practitioner, one nurse supervisor, six registered nurses and one office specialist