Upcoming Training Opportunities
Livable Communities & Other Site Plan Review Topics
Register on-line at https://preview.tinyurl.com/y662pmcs
Wed. Nov. 20, 2019– 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Register by Friday Nov. 15, 2019
Presented by William Armbruster, AARP Senior Advisor for Livable Communities Program
- 8 Domains of Livability– how to positively impact the well-being of older adult and make communities more livable for people of all ages & abilities
- Comparable community case studies of enhancing public spaces, transportation & housing to benefit livability
Presented by Ontario County Planning Department
- Do your site plan submission review regulations meet your needs?
- Preserving the ecosystem functions of site and adjoining lands following development.
- Defining and assessing whether proposals fit the desired use and character of site.
- Get YOUR site plan review/impact on neighborhood character/hardship questions answered.
- Emphasis on topics less familiar to many municipal engineers-signs, home occupations, performance standards for lighting, noise, dust, smell, including dark sky compliant lighting.
Location: Ontario County Safety Training Facility
2914 County Road 48, Canandaigua, NY 14424 (CR 48 is near Ontario County Complex off CR 46)
2 hour training certificate provided to participants
November 20, 2019
Intro to National Flood Insurance Program w/ Class Exercises Auditorium, 1-4:30;Yates County Building 417 Liberty Street, Penn Yan
RSVP Marcia.email@example.com or 585-226-5450
Information on December 2019 and January 2020 NYSDOS webinars.
Intermunicipal Cooperation: Code Enforcement 3 – 4:30 pm https://meetny.webex.com/meetny/k2/j.php?MTID=t8409f1379884
Special Use Permits 6 – 7:30 pm https://meetny.webex.com/meetny/k2/j.php?MTID=ta962f45a849b346afd6040e37e3ee860
Adaptive Reuses for White Elephants 6 – 7:30 pm
Planning Board Overview 6 – 8 pm https://meetny.webex.com/meetny/k2/j.php?MTID=t4c48c3a804cf157459c3d8cbe9bbf462
Zoning Board of Appeals Overview 6 – 8 pmhttps://meetny.webex.com/meetny/k2/j.php?MTID=t64cb99eb212d3926d7c90afd317180b6
Training Opportunities For Farmland Owners
Mon. December 9, 2019 - Overview of Agricultural Conservation Easements as a Farmland Protection Option for Landowners
Mon. December 16, 2019 - Business Organization, Transition Planning, and Legacy Considerations for Farmland Owners
Mon. January 6, 2020 - Developing a Land Plan for an Agricultural Conservation Easement
Appraisals: Determining the Value of Farmland and Agricultural Conservation Easements
Mon. January 13, 2020 - In Depth Look at the NYS DAM Agricultural Conservation Easement &
the NYS Farmland Protection Grant Process
All farmland owner trainings are from 6:30 to 8:30 pm at the Ontario County Safety Training Facility,
2914 CR 48 (off CR 46 near Hopewell Complex), Canandaigua, NY 14424
Trainings offered by the Ontario County Agricultural Enhancement Board, the Finger Lakes Land Trust, & the Genesee Land Trust.
Click here for link to registration form or call Maria Rudzinski 585 396-4416